(Art. 13 and 14 of European Regulation 2016/679
of the European Parliament and of the Council – 27 April 2016)
LANS – Loss Adjusters New Synergy S.c.a.r.l. – is a limited company which aims to develop loss adjusting and insurance claim services, directly or through our partners listed in the Website Partners Page.
LANS’ data protection and privacy measures are governed by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation in force in Italy within D.Lgs. 196/2003, modified and integrated by D.Lgs. 101/2018.
By accessing and visiting our Website, you accept and consent to the processing by us of the data communicated for the purposes indicated below.
The LANS Website may contain links to other websites. If you click on these links, please note that the other websites have different policies, terms, and conditions that are out of our control. LANS shall not be liable if any losses arise from external sites. LANS will also not be responsible for the processing of data that will be released on these websites and for any illegal and inconsistent treatment with respect to applicable legislation.
The Controller of personal data, which are collected and processed through our Website, is LANS – Loss Adjusters New Synergy S.c.a.r.l.., a company based in Italy, Via Enrico Albanese, 114, 90139 – Palermo.
2. Categories of data
LANS may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about visitors, grouped together as follows:
- Identity data including names, username or similar identifier, title, job title, company name, business or profession,
- Contact data such as address, billing address, email address and / or phone number,
- Usage details related to your access to our Website, including connection information (website, IP address, browser, devices, equipment, drives, Website pages you visited, date and duration of your visit, etc.), enquiry or query you submitted and the overall use of the LANS’ Website,
- Financial or transaction data including details on bank account, payment card or any kind of payments to and from you.
In particular, the personal data will also be used to verify that the consent was issued by a person aged not less than 16 years.
Unless you release such information in connection with the service we may provide to you, LANS do not ask you to provide and do not process any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (including details about race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
In any case, we will use and process only the data for which you have provided an appropriate and explicit consent, or those that you yourself have made public.
3. Processing purposes and communication to third parties
As a loss adjuster and insurance claim company, LANS may process personal data of Website visitors on a lawful basis and with legitimate interests, in order to:
- Handling requests and enquiries,
- Creating and maintaining business relationships,
- Informing on products and services we provide or may provide,
- Spreading news on loss adjusting and insurance claim market, related services events, solutions, advanced tools and the like,
- Forwarding newsletters and / or mailing lists you subscribed,
In any case, processing of your data will be considered lawful whenever it is necessary for achieving legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data.
We might disclose your personal data, collected through your appropriate consent, to third parties for:
- Visitor assistance and service through our providers and / or professional advisers (auditors, lawyers, etc.) who both operate as data processors under our instruction,
- Compliance with security laws and regulations,
- Complying with any legal obligation, or defending a right in a court,
- Fraud prevention and detection.
Your personal data may be transmitted to third parties who, as independent Data Controllers and / or as Data Processors of your personal data, will perform functions strictly connected and instrumental to requested services, when they could not accomplish the said functions without receiving your personal data (always limited to those strictly necessary for the type of service).
In the event described in previous point, we inform you that third parties, our partners, could be located in the territory of the Italian state or even in the territory of the European Union, or they could use servers located outside the same territories. In any case, our partners use security and personal data processing systems that reflect the discipline contained in the Regulation (UE) 2016/679. Otherwise, and if we become aware of the fact that the third party operates in a country with minor guarantees for the processing of your personal data, we will not communicate any information without your prior and specific consent.
Please note that we do not collect and use any visitor profiling data. Furthermore, we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third parties.
4. Methods of data processing and data retention period
Personal data, for which you have provided suitable consent, will be processed by us in a lawful, correct and transparent manner. We will only request the relevant data, adequate and limited to the actual use necessary to allow us to offer you and provide you with the best service.
Information and data provided by visitors may also be processed in an anonymous way (“pseudonymization”) in order to:
- Improving our products and services,
- Improving content of the Website,
- Enhancing the overall visitor experience,
- Securing and maintaining the Website functionality,
- Preventing potential threats,
- Supporting research with surveys and statistics.
The data, which you consent to the processing for, will be kept for the period necessary to satisfy the purpose for which you communicated them, unless you decide to withdraw your consent to their treatment.
When we no longer need your data (or in case you have revoked them), we will delete them safely.
5. Data security and storage
Personal information we collect are stored on a server on lease managed by Aruba. Aruba is our service provider committed to guarantee appropriate and reasonable security data protection according to our Privacy and Cookie Policies.
Your personal data may be processed both inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA) by Aruba, safeguarding confidentiality and security and ensuring that an adequate level of data protection is in place in compliance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
We are committed to providing appropriate and reasonable security protection for your personal information and data. LANS apply appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data against accidental or unlawful loss, theft, alteration, unauthorized disclosure, access or use and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
All personal information collected will be handled by authorized and appropriately trained staff and stored only for as long as necessary for fulfilling the above-mentioned purposes.
6. Your rights
As regards your information and personal data, you can exercise the rights ensured by GDPR chapter No. 3 through the following sections:
- Transparency and modalities for the exercise of your rights guaranteed by LANS (Section 1),
- Information and access to your personal data collected and stored by us (Section 2),
- Rectification and erasure of your personal data according to your requests (Section 3),
- Right to object and automated individual decision-making (profiling) (Section 4).
LANS guarantees the above-mentioned rights which include personal data erasure, correction, restrictions on their use or their transfer, consent withdrawal, etc.
To exercise any of the above rights please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
To access your personal data, and related information, and to exercise other rights, you will not have to bear any cost, except in the event that your access request is manifestly unfounded and / or excessive and / or repeated within a short distance of time from the previous one: in this case, we may ask you for a reasonable refund for the costs incurred or, alternatively, we may refuse to satisfy the request with written and valid reason.
If you would need to make a complaint in relation to how LANS may have stored, used or processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Italian Data Protection Authority (email@example.com).
7. Data subject’s statements
By providing consent to processing of the above-mentioned data, you expressly declare that you are the actual data subject and confirm their truthfulness and correctness.
If there are no further details (by way of example, of having expressly received suitable and legitimate authorization to be able to communicate them to other subjects), it must be considered that you are the real data subject.
In both cases, LANS will be able to take recourse against you if it should emerge in the future that the statements are not true and if LANS was held responsible for an illegitimate data processing.
9. Tracking cookies
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in the user’s computer through the visitor’s web browser. Cookies were designed to remember websites visitor information or to record his browsing habits.
Tracking technology through cookies helps us in managing and improving the usability of the LANS’ Website, for example by detecting whether there has been any contact between your computer and us in the past and verifying how our Website is running.